April 9, 2008

R.I.P. "Na na na na - na na na!"

I have some sad sad news to report from up here in the Great North - many of you may not know the name Bob Kames, but everyone knows at least one of his creations. It's original name is "Dance Little Bird", but the name we all know it by today is "The Chicken Dance". This is the song that made Bob famous and was recorded by him in 1982. It also wasn't his only hit song as he had hit songs (many on the organ) well before that time. In fact, I learned he used to tour the country with the Army as something of the official organist.

He died today here in Greenfield, WI. He must have been king of the neighborhood. I would be pretty satisfied with myself if I knew every GOOD wedding reception used one of my songs to celebrate the event.


Rest in Peace, "Chicken Dance King".

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.