April 30, 2008

More comparisons.

I wrote a recent post about the street signs up here in MKE that remind me of places in Chicago/IL. It happened again in a slightly different way as I rode along some of MKE's lakefront. Many of the properties seem similar to the Northshore in Chicagoland. I think it's even called the same nickname up here. Still, very nice, quiet, neighborhoods, and lots to look at.

This first shot reminds me alot of the lakefront in Chicago or Evanston. I know, duh - it's the same lake dingleberry.

This house and lot could literally be in Kenilworth or some other neighborhood I'll never live in. It also required special street to be put into the neighborhood and some other interesting public infrastructure. If you drive all the way back here, they make sure it's only b/c you live here. Of course, if you have time to kill on a bike, you can pretty much get anywhere you want.

This last one seemed to be the best use of property entrance framing the lake. I mean, that's what people want to see when they "arrive at the lakehouse!", right? I thought they did a good job here.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.