June 22, 2008

Results, Poll #22, Broken Bones.

I don't know about you, but I always had a small part of me wishing I could have a cast as a kid. You know, people would ask you what happened (and it would have been an epic story, no doubt), you'd get to wear a big (heavy) cast, and people would fill it with signatures and get-well wishes.

Well, if you didn't know, I (finally) broke a bone at my first job out of college, on a work event. It was a good crash, interesting story about the aftermath, and then it had to be re-broken to set it properly about a week later. The two different casts were quite heavy and cumbersome (and did not take signatures), so that lost its luster quickly. All the hype was probably just that, hype, but then again, I'm glad I've broken one just the same. It adds something to the palette of injuries I've had... but hopefully my total stays at one (knock on wood).

Here's what t.c readers responded:
> 2 people (15%) chose 1 broken bone - myself and I think a brother.
> 0 people (uh, 0%) chose all the other positive choices - no t.c reader has broken over 1 bone. This is a good thing and maybe those that have learn our lesson. I'm also not sure what I was thinking by putting "8+" as a choice. I don't think anyone in the Knievil family reads this blog.
> 2 people (15%) chose they haven't broke any, but kind of always wanted to break one - I'm going to guess these are both males, but I could be wrong. I also know the feeling, but having done it, I'm not sure I'd encourage this choice (esp if you're over 25 or so).
> 9 people (69%), the overwhelming majority, chose they haven't broken any bones, and they'd like to keep it that way - I agree.

Thanks for voting this week, new poll up.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

i was one of the two people that have not broken a bone but wanted to....

Anonymous said...

me too, vic! i envy my sister who is a broken bone magnet.

.mk. said...

Boy, shows how much I know. Maybe the exclamation should be changed to "Girl, shows how much I know". Both of you are relatively young... I say break one.

george said...

I wish I'd read your blog last week--I could have been your only multi-break respondent. I've cracked an elbow and completely destroyed my finger (although that one wasn't my fault...)

.mk. said...

did you get a cast for both? if not, i'm not sure they count... who hasn't broken a finger?

george said...

Oh yes, they were both set. The finger just had one of those big, smelly, metal/foam finger splints, but the arm was a full-on plaster cast up to the bicep (or what passed for my bicep in first grade). Julie Korman drew a picture of Snoopy on it that the doctor thought was so good, he sawed around it when it was removed. Pretty much the whole cast signed it. I was too cool for the school.

.mk. said...

Those metal/sponge splints are pushing it, but I'll let it slide this time, G. 2 bones for you!

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.