March 24, 2008

GreenDimes Update

So, gas is like $3.50/gallon. Yikes. Seems like a good time to come back to the topic of GreenDimes. This is a relatively cheap service that will rid your mailbox of unwanted and wasteful junkmail. I signed up sometime back and have been happy with the results. It's basically $20 for your address "clean-up". If you move, you can get it redone at an easy-to-stomach $10 price. I thought I'd splurge and go up to a $40 package. It adds green extras... kinda cool.



It includes:
- GreenDimes T-Shirt (available in different colors, and from American Apparel)
- Re-usable, packable shopping bag
- EarthDay Kid's book (any neices I know reading?)
- Two "green" flourescent bulbs

They also plant trees for catalogs you get on your "list". I mean, how many J.Crew catalogs do you really need each year (esp the 17 before Christmas)? I know, I know, you like them. How 'bout you just go online instead.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

i do love all my jcrew catalogues :)

Sanjiv said...

GreenDimes here,

Thanks for putting up a pic of our green goodies. Very cool. Do you mind if we use your post as a testimonial? if so, just reply to my email.

btw - we only take out catalogs like j.crew if you opt out. it's up to you.

.mk. said...

Email? You mean reply to your comment? Sure, feel free to testify.

Also, how did you found my post?

eakoster said...

wow mk! you're on your way to endorsements! nice work!

Jes said...

I think I might have to look them up. I do like some catalogues, but enough is enough.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.