March 1, 2008

Port-A-Bell-A !!!

I suspect I'm not the only one that watches or has at least seen some Will & Grace episodes? Well, as you may know, often when "Jack McFarland" [played by IL native, Sean Hayes] would enter or leave Will's apartment he would often have something non-sensical, yet very clever to say as a salutation. For example, I believe I remember something like "Blip-blap-bloop!" or when he had too much caffeine and went off for sometime explaining his day, high on life. There was also one where he made his exit simply by singing out the word 'portabella', as in the mushroom.

This is what, I guess, I was singing in my head as I made my way, on a snowy Friday afternoon, to Cabela's. Instead of port-a-bell-aaaaa, I was saying ca-bell-aaa's.

For those that don't know, Cabela's is bacically the IKEA of outdoor sports. It's literally and figuratively a big force here in SE WI. Being a big fan of unique retail spaces, I had to check it out. This is the intro to a 3-part post on Cabela's. The posts will be broken into:
1. Orientation
2. An Ode to Camo
3. Wild Cabela

Please check back this week for all the posts and the poll that will be related.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

oh yes i find that part hilarious...oh jack :)

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.