March 2, 2008

Cabela's #3 - Wild Cabela

Well, I'm sad to say this is the last post in the series, save for the poll results. If you've been reading the other Cabela posts so far, I'm guessing that some of you have no idea what you're about to see/read - unless you've been to Cabela's previously.

In a nutshell, Cabela's has tens of hundreds of stuffed animals on display, for the most part in their "natural habitat". Not only that, but they have a very large, impressive aquarium in the store. As was the case with everything, they take pride in how this is displayed and do it really well. I'll leave it to the pics -


Is that a warthog I see before me!?!


Elk, eek!


Is that Marty Moose? Boo!
(note, it's in the middle of a babbling brook... yeah, still in the store)

But, let's take a detour to Africa, shall we?

Is that a tusk in your pocket...?


Poh widdle zeebwa.
(Uhhh, I don't think male lions hunt with the pride)


And finally, a quick jump to the chilly North Pole

Hello, Mr. Polar Bear. Nice to meet you. Don't eat me.

Wait, don't forget the Aquarium. This is one of those walk-thru deals with fish on both sides. For anyone expecting a little aquarium, this goes to 11.


I don't care what the in-store policeman said, I did NOT sink this boat.

Final thought - I'm not sure with all these posts that my actual admiration and astonishment came through for what Cabela's has made? If anyone in SE WI or Northern IL needs something to do (hopefully with the kids) in fall, winter, or early spring - this could easily be an outing that will last the whole day. Not only can you help the sagging-like-an-old-lady economy, but you'd also pick up some bargains and learn a little too. Portabella!!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

it is like a creepy zoo...what a store!

george said...

Jeez and crackers! This is better than the zoo. At the zoo they don't let you watch the lions take down the zebras. Though I'm sure their attendance would increase if they did. (And don't male lions sometimes hunt with the pack in times of famine? I thought I remember seeing some males in that awesome Planet Earth nighttime footage of the lions taking down an elephant. And if you haven't seen the Planet Earth series, it's definitely DVD-worthy.)

Marty, you should be on the payroll at this store.

Anonymous said...

What a fucking hot mess this Cabela's place is. We were supposed to get one just about a mile south of our house but that deal has temporarily been put on hold because the first people to stop spending in these economic slow down times are the white trash who buy camouflage and guns. Lord, help us all.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.