March 1, 2008

Cabela's #2 - An Ode to Camo


As I made my way to the store, thinking about how I could make a post out of the trip, the idea came up to take as many pics as I could on the camo offerings. I kind of thought it might get boring taking pics of shirts, jackets, etc. But, lucky for all of us, Cabela's didn't let me down here either. They had waaay more stuff in camo than I would have thought. I'm starting at the normal stuff, then getting into the more unique items. Here we go - cam-O!

Here's the "normal" stuff - hunting gear, shoes, etc.



They also have some middle-of-the-road items, not common to me, but probably common to many of the shoppers:

The camo-coated ATV - braaap, braaaap!

And the matching full-face camo helmet - safety first!

Camo-coated rifles

Camo Crocs - I know, you've been looking for them - I'll UPS them to you.

And to end this section, a camo-covered huntin' dog coat.
Man's best friend has got to be as hard to find as you.
(I'm not sure, the dog could be fake or an actual stuffed huntin' dog)


And now a few items I had no idea existed until my trip:


You're thinking, "Silent Spin Seat, great - what is it?" This covers ANY 5-gal bucket and turns it into an instant, silent-rotating, seat cover. I believe it's aimed at ice fishermen (and women). This also begs the question - "Why would I need a silent, camo-covered, seat to fish? Can they see me or my seat? Can they hear me turning on my bucket?" I did not find the answers on this trip.


The camo wallet section. Now, this could be up in the middle-of-the-road section, but think about it for a minute - why would you need a camo wallet? Are you taking it out in front of potential game? And what happens if you drop it in the woods - how do you find it? I think hunter orange would be a better wallet color.

And last but not least in An Ode to Camo - the camo wall plate/light switch cover.

For all the budding North Woods interior desingers out there that need one, or dozens, to complete their lodge. This is the two-switch version, but have no fear, single switch versions are also available.

Please let me know how you like this section - if I get enough positive feedback, I'd love to go hunt for more abnormal items, with pleasure.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

haha that is fun to see..those are some odd things, but i sure want a camo lightplate!

george said...

The camo switch coverplate is definitely the star of the show because of the imagined scenarios it inspires. I can see some backwoods Wisconsonian doing the entire interior of his home in camo, then opening the doors and trying to lure game inside for more comfortable hunting.

george said...

By the way, I feel the need to comment on your poll again, since the choices don't completely describe my position. How should I vote if I have (a) fired a gun AND (d) hate Charlton Heston?

.mk. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jes said...

Wow who knew there was such a market out there for Camo? perhaps if I had a boy this could be a nursery idea :)

Angela said...

Actually the reason the seat is silent is because fish are actually really sensitive to noise. If you are ice fishing you have to be very quite because they can hear/feel the vibrations of noise through the water and ice. (Thanks dad, see I did listen to you!) But, I don't know why it is in camo because the fish cannot see what you are sitting on, my only explination for that is for all of the tough men out there they figured they wouldn't want to sit on a purple seat or some other colorful variety, camo is probably safe as to not offend any of the sensitive male egos out there!
Also George don't be silly, Wisconsinites are too smart to lure wild game inside of there homes that is just cooky talk. If you want to be more comfortable you bait them and shoot them off of your porch or while sitting in your truck with the window rolled down! What kind of idiots do you think we are up here?! ;P

.mk. said...

George, you're a Chicagoan - vote twice. Get on a different computer with a different IP address and I think it'll work. I will also "allow" multiple votes on the next poll, maybe.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.