March 1, 2008

Cabela's #1 - Orientation

Before we just jump right in to the more specific posts, we're all gonna need a little orientation. I know this b/c upon entry into the store, it took me at least 30 min to figure out what all was in there and where it was situated.

I'm not kidding. This place is like a two-level IKEA, but much longer and wider, with depts that include, and probably are not limited to:
Men's, women's and kid's clothing sections, each it's own and big
Men's women's and kid's shoe section
Camo, real trouble when kids hide in the clothes racks
Customer service, a BIG counter
Hunting, something to dress a deer for you today?
Fishing, need an ice fishing hut?
Power sports, yes - actual boats and ATVs for purchase, like an auto dealership

Truck/ATV accessories

Gun library, not for research like a library, but kind of

Gun dept, including gun safes as big as a bear (I know b/c I could compare both in the store... more later)

Bows & arrows, incl a shooting range

Camping, incl knives
Optics, like binoculars, etc
a real-life General store, want some homemade fudge samples or Foxworthy Jerky?

Grizzly Bear Diner, you gotta stop for a meal here b/c you stay so long
Bargain Bin, reminded me of REI's returns area
Home furnishings, need a deer motif throw pillow?
Watches, jewelery & leather goods, need a fishing watch?
Kid's toys, good luck getting them out of here
plus at least 3 arcade-like areas, one full-on Six Flags-like shooting range (all take tokens only)
Conference center
and whatever other dept(s) I'm forgetting...

Does it seem like I'm making it up or that it would be too much to take in? Well, this is no joke and it literally took me 2 hours to make my way, fairly quickly, through the whole store. I made it out with only two purchases, a soft shell jacket at half price and a small keychain/knife/bottle opener. I thought I owed it to Cabela's to buy something for all the time I was there, and all the posts they're now providing.

If you ever plan to visit me, Cabela's, or SE WI, please let me know so I can go with on your trip.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

wow!! that is insane! and i thought dick's had a lot of stuff...

Unknown said...

Excellent post.! I love everything at Cabela's Outlet Stores it is a fun place to walk around..!!

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.