May 21, 2008

BuckHead.

I know most of you read t.c to find the best spots in MKE for dining, drinking, and donuts. So, with that in mind, I made my way to one of the youngest crowds in town at the BuckHead Saloon. For those of you not familiar with it already, it's pretty much a cross b/w the worst college bar you can think of and Cabella's (love plugging that series). It combines the cheap drinks, cheap outfits, and cheap personalities very well.

But you're thinking, "Gosh, mk, why were you there?" Moral support. It was a friend's friends' brother's graduation night, so I went along. I suspect I wasn't the only one standing in line outside the bar that was caught unawares as to what lurked inside (I know for a fact the guy's parent's didn't know what they were getting into), but we were in the minority.

The rest of the crowd loves it there, and I can't blame them. I mean, we've all been there... sitting in Kam's at the end of the night... or wondering how we got into the cab after drinking all day at Kinkade's... or wondering why 6 beers at Comet made you unable to ascend stairs and puke before being able to lie down (guessing the average 7% alcohol content of all the beers there)... or not understanding for days how we got mustard on our jeans, until we remember eating a burger at about 3 in the AM at Beaumont's. This is life.

While the night was sure eventful, including the young man dancing with a bar stool. Yes. Not on, or next to, but WITH the barstool, like a someone would dance with Julieanne Hough. But it wound up being way too long of a night, like these places often are. Luckily, Pizza Shuttle came through like aces with some basically leftover pizza, which by the time we got there, was well into Sunday morning.

Having read all that, I'm sure some of you are still thinking "mk, you're making this up!"... thank God I can prove you wrong with pictures. Enjoy.


Ahhh, come in by the fireplace and warm up at Cabella's - WAIT, Buckhead.


Enjoy a tasty Miller product next to the puma rug/wall covering.


Or a Leine's by the stag head.


Or by one of MANY hot-girl-hunters-in-bikini photos... I'm dead (bang bang) serious.


Just don't don't get tangled with your friend and fall down on the way out. Ouch.
You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.