May 18, 2008

Farah Fawcett.

No, this post is not about her, just poorly named. I wanted to ask the thousands of t.c readers for some help, at the risk of authoring my dumbest post ever - does anyone know how to use these faucets?


Yeah, it's the kind that has a hot and a cold "push-button". Sure, it's usually used in public restrooms and prevents people from leaving the water running (I don't know how many times I've done that at friend's places (?)). But, to me, this is like the sound of one hand clapping... or figuring out how to make one hand clap.

Isn't the washing of hands supposed to be a two-handed, thorough operation? Not one that you can skimp on and have a valid reason for poor results. "Yeah, that's e-coli, but I had one of those "push-button" faucets [shrug]". You can wet one hand at a time, then get some soap and make some suds, kind of, but then rinsing both hands at the same time is basically impossible with the millisecond of water that comes from each push. Maybe if you possess some kind of contortionist gene in your family, you're fine with these?


t.c readers, I implore you - if anyone has some quick tips for this kind of faucet, please share.
Maybe this is now just the greenest, vintage faucet anyone's ever seen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that YOUR faucet? -t

Jes said...

I usually press both at the same time and wash quickly. Repeat double press if needed.

.mk. said...

not my faucet at my apt, phew. and no matter how many presses, it never seems like enough to rinse.

Anonymous said...

Why do you think woman go to the bath room together? For situations like this. Anyways, if you have enough elbow room, you can use your for arm to press the nob and swing your hand under to wash both hands. You must stand on the side of it to get the full effect.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.