May 9, 2008

License plates, Revisited.

I've been getting hundreds of comments and emails to "please do another license plate post", so after scouring MKE for more examples, I think I finally nailed down the right ones to post. In this edition, I have two - one I consider good and one I consider (very very) bad.

Let's start off on a high note, the good one:


Interesting? Possibly. Just what does "QUO VADI" mean? I thought you might ask, so I looked it up already. The plate means "where are you going?" in Latin, not too bad for a plate. I also found more than I bargained for when I googled the phrase, just to be sure. Plus, it's on an Audi - nice ride, Dude. It would pass the Council of Vanity Plates if I were a member - how 'bout you?

And let's end on a low note, the bad one:

[found the pic!]

How many of you want to put this vanity plate in the "good pile"? C'mon, be honest. Are you a baad boy too? If you can't read through the fine print and get the sarcasm, I hate this plate. It was already placed on an SUV (I know, I'm in a truck)... but can you just imagine the driver? I can only guess he was the definition of the phrase "dillweed".

Keep checking back as my camera phone is always at the ready for more gems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quo Vadis is a great book, I've never read anything like it. I think it's a GENIUS license plate.
Vija

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.