February 18, 2008

Computer ASSociates.

Some of you may remember that I was having some trouble with my internet at home. Well, after a call to the local internet support office, Chris was happy to figure out the issue with me. In a nutshell ("Help, I'm in a nutshell!"), the software that I purchased from Computer Associates to help protect my laptop was now blocking any internet usage with its firewall. Since the license had expired and I didn't want to pay to update it, their software just started blocking the internet. Fine, no problem. The first step is finding the problem, the 2nd is removing it. A couple clicks in the "Add/Remove Software" area and the internet is back up and running.

Oh, and Windows XP has a firewall security system built in. I think I'll be ok... no War Games stuff going on here.

2 comments:

george said...

Windows Firewall is pretty powerful, so you don't really need another program for internet security. But it's not antivirus software, so be careful with your downloads and emails!

Who is Computer Associates?

Jes said...

Glad it was something rather simple.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.