February 7, 2008

Admitting a problem is the first step...

...This is not easy for me, but some of you already know; I am addicted to cell phones. As a quick exercise while the 14.5” of snow fell yesterday, I listed out all the phones I've owned at one time or another. I believe this goes back to the year 2000, maybe 1999. I know I got the first one at the AT&T store in the ghetto-esque stripmall by Cabrini Green (where Clybourne, North, Sedgewick, and Larabee meet). In no particular order (wait, I always have a particular oder), they are:

Nokia
6030
6590 (2)
E62
9300
3360
5140
8210 (all time favorite)
Panasonic
g51m (that super small one)
Samsung
x495
Motorola
Unidentified (found it on Navy Pier)
Razr
Rokr w385 (work)
RIM
BlackBerry 7300 (work)
Sony Ericsson
w300i
s710a (hand me down)

Now seeing what I have become, I'm almost ashamed to admit I'm looking at yet another one; Almost ashamed - I can't stop now.

9 comments:

Victoria said...

wow!! it is worse than i thought. how do you even remeber all of them?? crazy marty :)

Jes said...

weird to think i have only had 3 and that goes all the way back to my first brick phone that I got 12 years ago with my first teaching gig. You are a phone whore.

jacob said...

post pictures of them all, now. i loved the nokia i bought in Spain... such better ringtones.

.mk. said...

I *wish* I had pictures of them all... many were before cellphones even had cameras.

Anonymous said...

how could you have taken a picture of your cell phone WITH your cell phone, anyway?

Anonymous said...

Here's a list of my phones, not that anyone asked:

2000. Unidentified Qualcomm p.o.s.
2001. Unidentified chunky silver flip phone
2003. Sony Ericsson P800
2005. Sony Ericsson P910
2007. Helio Ocean (sweeeeet!)

PS-- Switch to Helio. I LOVE it. And if you give them my ph number as a referral, I'll get a whole month of free service! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I think my cel history is something like this...

2001: Nokia 6030 p.o.s.
2004: LG VX6000 p.o.s.
2007: Motorola RAZR V3XX p.o.s.

Anyone see a pattern?

Mart, why don't you have dates by yours? How am I supposed to follow that?

T

.mk. said...

no dates for me... too many to remember.

.mk. said...

I need to add an Apple iPhone 3G, HTC Aria, and Samsung Captivate from the GalaxyS Series

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.