February 22, 2008

Am I too picky?

So, a couple of random things that have been bugging me lately, totally unrelated to each other... besides them bugging me:

1. There is some sort of winter phenomenon up here in WI that I'm having trouble getting used to - During almost every good-sized snow storm, and for days after, pedestrians walk right on the side of the road. Right along with traffic!!! Right next to the cars!!! With only slippery snow b/w us!!! I dunno, maybe I just never noticed it while taking public transportation in Chicago... but it's crazy here. Alot of the times, I see it in the neighborhoods that are a little less well-off and don't get their sidealks plowed first - fine. But, I've seen it way out in the burbs too. One man, who I imagine got his license taken away for a DUI conviction, walked the same side of the street for 3 days in a row. And this isn't any ole street, it's a six lane roadway and each time I saw him, he was walking against traffic, not 100 yards from the highway exit. Seems like a really dangerous spot to be on foot. Actually, I haven't seen him in some time... hope he didn't meet the front end of Buick.

2. Here in the office, we have a small bathroom really close to most of our desks. Now, in this bathroom is one of those commercial grade automatic air fresheners. It has a can of freshener and a battery-powered timing unit. Every so often, it tells itself to press the can and out shoots a little puff of scent. This isn't a bad thing, HOWEVER, lately I've just been ducking in to rinse out some tupperware. This is right at the entry and only takes a minute at most. Well, on more than one occasion, as soon as I step in, the sprayer sends out it's signal and shoots out a puff of freshener. To me, it's as if the freshener is saying, with it's puff of pressurized scent, "You smell!" "As soon as you even cross my threshold, you're stinking up my bathroom!" I really find it offensive to hear that little "tsssst" that comes out of it. I may have to take a pedal wrench to it one of these days.

Am I too picky? Maybe.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

haha you are quite odd...that is why we love ya though :)

pia said...

you may be picky, but it makes me laugh!

Denny Yunk said...

I hate to be the one telling you this, but that's a "smart spritzer". It dispenses whatever it deems the entrant most needs. Whenever I walk in, it shoots out hair gel.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.