July 27, 2008

Results, Poll #27, Batman.

So, the biggest weekend movie for a single film opening ever! And, it was also the movie industry's biggest weekend in history with all theater receipts totaling almost a quarter billion dollars. Not too bad in this economy.

> 5 people (29%) chose "I seen it" - I now have to include myself, so the response is more like 6. Pretty good movie overall, def a summer blockbuster.
> 9 people (52%) chose "It's high on the list" - GO! Don't run, but walk to the theater.
> 4 people (23%) chose "Nah, I'll rent it" - ok, if you think you can wait that long, and be the only on on your block that hasn't seen it...
> 2 people (11%) chose "Who's Batman?" - I'm not sure what to say to this, but Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, Christian Bale and whoever else I'm forgetting would be upset.

Pretty good amount of respondents (unless someone didn't remove their multiple votes?) and a darn good movie. I voted earlier in the week and then saw the movie on Friday. The theater was like an icebox, but what person living in an un-airconditioned apartment on the 4th floor would complain? Not I.

Next poll and discussion locked and loaded.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

and george clooney! what a good movie though, i will probably see it again when it comes out to rent

.mk. said...

i forgot GEORGE!!!

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.