June 28, 2018

Revival Ice Cream, Monterey, CA

After a decent length ride on the Monterey Peninsula earlier in the day and a great meal at Alvarado Brewing across the street, I felt I could splurge a little and get some ice cream. I saw both a froyo store and this ice cream store on my walk to dinner, so I made a mental note for after dinner. 

This one looked the most intriguing, and it had a short line out the door. Surely, something must be going on here. I waited patiently in line, with only a t-shirt on in 55 degree weather (my fault), but I think it was worth it. They put out a great retail environment for ice cream, and from what my mouth tasted, a very good product.


They do have a unique take on flavors too, but my tastebuds normally gravitate toward traditional ice cream flavors. When I crave or am buying ice cream, I find I don't often want something that tastes like tea or flowers or even fruit really. I can see the appeal, but it's not for me, broadly. Looking at the menu below, I also axed all flavors that were dairy-free. Why? Well, dairy doesn't bother me and I want the real-deal if I'm buying ice cream. Could I be missing out on an amazing non-dairy ice cream? Possibly, but it's a risk I'm willing to take... Chocolate Praline does keep me up at night though now.


Due to some conversation in line (which helped me forget how cold I was), I was pretty sure I wanted Bee's Knees and a chocolate variant for my double scoop dish (never cones, too inconsistent and slow of an eating experience). So, that's what I got... and I paid an extra $1 to add some waffle cones crumble on top (genius-level!).

Note: They had a "Smoked Chocolate" flavor on the menu while I stood in line, which I would have chosen, but it sold out during the wait and I went with normal Chocolate. I know, boo-hoo.

When I'm back in Monterey, you can bet I'll be heading to Alvarado and Revival again - recommended!

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.