September 20, 2014

North Lakeland Discovery Center, Manitowish Waters, WI

A four-day weekend trip afforded me the opportunity to visit Manitowish Water's own North Lakeland Discovery Center (right off of Highway W). One of the big/bog/bug draws for the center is their hiking trails. They have a number of different and intersecting loops around a small lake, plus areas for events (weddings, parties, etc.), kayaking, a fitness course, cabins for campers... it's a legit nature center in my book.

I went out on a 3 mile loop and saw some great fall colors, but since mosquitoes are very attracted to me for some reason, I also wound up with a half dozen or so bug bites. I'll live. Here are some highlights of the trails and grounds:










No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.