August 26, 2009

Random act of kindness?

[duh, what am i good for?]

Have you seen one of these before? I did, at IKEA once. But you know the worst part, I bought it. Now I know what you're saying, "In the name of all that's good, why did you buy one?" And my answer is, "I don't know." IKEA's like that to people - isn't it? You see something on the shelf that seems kinda quirky and cool (sometimes it's pedestrian and uncool too, ahem)... and you stick it in your big yellow bag, or normal-sized cart or side-ways moving large item cart.

So, I've had this dumb thing sitting on my bookcase for years now. It's never done anything. I think someone commented on it or touched it once. Well, I had a better idea for it - but you be the judge, won't you?

I decided to leave it in the bathroom at my favorite coffee shop. I didn't ask them if I could, I didn't ask them if they wanted it. I just used the restroom on the way out and left it on the toilet tank. I'll keep checking in on it (her? him?) and see how long it stays there. It fits in with the kitch and quirkiness of this particular coffeeshop, or I wouldn't have thought of doing it. Who knows, maybe this is the IKEA fit model art posing doll's ultimate purpose. Sure as shootin it's a better purpose than sitting on my bookshelf.

[ahh, it's new home]

3 comments:

Victoria said...

oh man that is hilarious-youa re too funny and a tad bit strange :)

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!
C

.mk. said...

I was back within one week and it was gone. It could be somewhere else in the place and I haven't seen it yet, or someone stole it for their bookshelf... Poor bastard.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.