August 20, 2009

Minneapolis Institute of Art, Modern, II.

My taste in art has leaned towards modern for as long as I can remember. It must be something about the clean lines, natural materials, and minimal accents that blend well with my anal retentive tendencies. Let's take a look at some of the pieces at MIA:

[they actually showcased a large amount of tea/coffee sets, but this one definitely falls into the modern era - I'd rinse it all out before serving out of them, looks like they've been there awhile]

[simple, yet intricate design, interesting material, very pretty to look at - they did not let me "test drive" the desk and seemed annoyed that I would ask]
[they showcased about 16 Swiss poster designs from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. All follow a fairly rigid style, even down to the placing if objects on the print and the font used - and they were not willing to sell me any for my apartment]






[even a Swiss poster for the French - mon Dieu!]


*If you want more info on anything you see in any of the MIA posts, please ask me. I took pics of most of the info cards and could easily go back and get more info, if needed.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.