January 27, 2008

Spectacles, testicles, wallet & watch.


This whole post maybe considered, as my Mom would say, "sacrilege" - but, I wonder why the Catholic church didn't ever think of using donuts and milk as the "body and blood" of Jesus Christ. I mean, think of how many more people would be inclined to roll out of bed (some after a hard night of drinking) and roll their old bones into mass. Plus, the young crowd would have a vested interest in going to church from a young age. I can think of nothing better in my youth than having some donuts and milk around the table with the family (at least until the last few in the box - then it was like hyenas on an impala carcass in Kenya). I suppose it does pose problems in terms of fitting it into the penning of the good book, thinking that donuts might not have been invented in Jesus' time... but maybe they could have come up with matzo-nuts (which I suspect would be like Dunkin Donuts "Buttermilk" donut, heavy like a doorstop and rich like Baklava).

Rest assured, the bear claw pictured here was devoured by yours truly and yes, I did drink the milk out of a wine glass. Amen.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

that sure is a different "body and blood"...where did your blog title come from?

Jes said...

Looks Yummy! I too would bet my kids would listen better if it was a donut instead of a waffer.

.mk. said...

The subject heading is stolen from a british mnemonic device and mostly for me, the austin powers movies... goto: http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=765876

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.