January 13, 2008

The Sun?

I'm feeling better after a few weeks of a weird viral infection. A doctor thought it was just "taking a long time" to get through me... well he was right, it did. Nothing else could be done about it either, just let it run it's course. Felt like mono again, but not as bad or as long (thank God). My pancreas never swelled (fun) like with the mono.

In any case, I feel about 80-90% normal depending on the time of day. But I can still fill a Kleenex or two upon waking in the morning. Sorry. Anyways, I went for a walk today just to be outside and do something physical and it's not too bad out, relatively dry and just above or at freezing. It got me thinking though - when was the last time the sun was out? I know early in the week, like Monday or Tuesday it was out really bright (everyone at work commented on it). But, I don't think it's been out since that time, so maybe 4-5 days.

I know this affects people, usually in a negative way. I've no doubt it affects me in the winter, but staying active (and drinking heavily... kidding, mostly) helps alleviate the effects. It also makes me want to take a long trip to someplace sunny. Or more drastically, move altogether to a sunny climate. I mean, cycling is something that defines me to most people, yet I can only do it about half of the year. What if it was sunny all the time and you could be outside most days of the week.

Ok, '60 Minutes' story about FaceBook just starting, later.


1 comment:

Victoria said...

glad to hear you are feeling better! hope to see you sunday

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.