January 27, 2008

First Date, #1

Here's some snippets you might not want to hear on a first date:

- "I got wasted."
- "that's the building that my boyfriend lived in when I was 16."... "oh, he was 21."... "my mom loved him and wanted me to keep dating him."
- "I only started really eating/liking meat about a year ago b/c my mom doesn't know how to cook. As a kid, I used to dunk it in milk to add moisture to it."
- "On the flight back from Thailand, I got wasted."
- "My car's a mess, but don't worry, just put your [snow covered] feet on top of all the stuff down there."
- "Yeah, my parents were not happy when I dated the black guy." [nttawwt]
- "I was in the Czech Republic on NYE and a guy wished me a happy new year the next day. I said thanks and asked if he was in town for it. He said he was and that we had made out last night. I guess I didn't remember, b/c I had gotten wasted."

In case you hadn't guessed yet, this is taken from a recent first date of mine (though the video was simply hype). And I'm not saying we all don't bring up silly topics and say odd things as our nerves get to us, but I think your internal monitor should be on high-alert for a first date, esp if you want a second. In any case, I'm done first-dating for a while. It'd be nice to have a first-dates with someone you already dated.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

lucky you :)

Jes said...

Must have been a long first date. I'm not thinking this one is a keeper either.

Unknown said...

Please say there was no second date!?

Anonymous said...

G-sus, only in America;)

.mk. said...

C'mon, Janine... not only in the US. And there has been no 2nd date... though it's not for lack of trying on her part.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.