August 8, 2019

La Michoacana Paleteria y Neveria, Watsonville, CA


It should come as no surprise that I enjoy an ice cream now and again. I also was happy to find this little gem in the new town I live in.

Paletas are fruit and ice cream popsicles, like the American Dreamsicle or Fudgsicle. They have over 70 flavors of paletas in this place!!! And about 30 or so ice cream flavors - like other Mexican ice cream shops, some of these flavors us gringos will know and recognize, others use a different hue (vanilla = orange) or we've never even imagined.

Paletas first...





Now ice creams...



Pretty sure that one called Cotton Candy is a hit with the under 5-years old crowd.




I believe that upper right corner is called "Angel's Kiss", but in Spanish.

I will be back as often as my wallet and waistline will allow. If you're ever in the area, I would highly recommend.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.