October 20, 2014

Chef Shack, Minneapolis, MN (Cooper/Seward)

Have you heard of this place? I'm told it began life as a food truck and has now morphed into a kitschy little spot in Seward (plus the truck's still around too). We decided to hit it up on a Saturday night before heading out to a concert. Boy, was it a great idea.

It's a very unassuming decor allowing just about anyone to feel at home and comfortable. The menu is simply a board you read from, order at the counter, then sit down and wait for delicious to arrive. 

And did it ever. Fries with pulled pork, smoked meats, German potato salad, pickled vegetables, grainy mustard. It was awesome and that was just our appetizer and main. 




We could hardly stop our forks...


And now the best part - desserts! We ordered the Indian-spiced donuts and chocolate pot de creme. The latter was amazing. Like chocolate ice cream, but not frozen. The donuts were freshly fried and pillowy puffs of dough, but the spice was missing. We mentioned this to our hostess and as if to placate us, she said she could bring us a free creme brûlée.

"Excuse me, Miss, did you say free creme brûlée? I see. Yes, I think that will do nicely...and I love you."



I'm going to have to go back only to try the items on the menu I wanted to eat this night but couldn't fit into my stomach. 


No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.