October 5, 2014

Update #3: Admitting the problem is the first step...

It's been a busy cellphone year as I've been trying to find something acceptable on the Android side again. I've gone through a rash of options recently (in RED below) and wanted to update this while I could remember them all, mostly for my own benefit... you already know I'm nuts for phones.

Nokia
6030
6590 (2)
E62
9300
3360
5140
8210 (one of my all-time favorites)

Panasonicg51m (that super small one)

Samsung
x495
Captivate from the Galaxy S Series - junk
Galaxy S III - warrantied multiple times, sent back

MotorolaUnidentified (found it on Navy Pier)
Razr
Rokr w385
Atrix - not a bad little phone
Razr V XT886 (one of my all-time worsts)

RIMBlackBerry 7300 (work issued)

Sony Ericsson
w300is710a (hand me down)
Xperia Z1 Compact - great size, waterproof, dustproof, not a great OS and terrible company support

Apple
iPhone 3
iPhone 5
iPhone 5S - great size, power, speed and apps, but not a huge Apple fan anymore

HTC
Aria - total crap
One - the one with the front-facing speakers, it's ok

LG
G3 - the biggest phone I had ever used and did not get used to the size within the return window, perhaps a bit hasty on my part

Blu
VIVO IV - this is one odd brand out of Miami and a terribly clunky OS

That's 28 in all now, I think. I better slow down... but there are already new contenders - OnePlus One or the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.