October 25, 2009

Muddy Waters Coffee Canteen; Minneapolis.

So, for those of you yet to visit me (which is all of you in IL, ahem) - there are more than three unique coffee shops within a half-mile radius of my apartment. I've discussed a couple of them previously, but today I visited the 2nd nearest to my place (it's easier to see on a map... but I didn't link one). It's cleverly titled, Muddy Waters (ok, I linked it), which serves not only as a pun on coffee, but also references the large river on the eastern border of the state. I pass this joint everyday but had never ventured in.

Compared to the two other popular spots for this author, this one seems right in the middle. They have an eclectic, yet not dirty vibe, including board games and a old-school tabletop video game. They serve all the fun coffee drinks, and also seem to have a decent food menu (which always helps). Wireless is free, but you need the passcode (it's always fun to have an element of secrecy, at any store/eatery/establishment).

Here's the hot chocolate they did up for me (food styling by yours truly):



And this really cinched it for me as being the closest go-to coffee place, smarmy suggestions:




I actually did tip too.

2 comments:

eakoster said...

You're so pretty!

Victoria said...

that is a lot of marshmallows!

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.