October 12, 2009

Milwaukee Art Museum, Andy Warhol.

They colored the fountain water outside the museum pink, how Andy-esque, right?

I went "home" a couple weeks back and stopped in MKE for a night or two. During one of the days, I swung over to one of Lake Michigan's prettiest buildings and took in the
Andy Warhol Exhibit at the Milwaukee Art Museum. It was a feast for the eyes, and at only $12, pretty decent on the wallet too. Check it out.

Note: Only one pic is from the special Warhol exhibit as photographs aren't allowed in this kind of showing. I found out as I was taking my first shot... whoops. The other shots are from the permanent modern art collection at the museum.
Did you think I was lying about one of the prettiest buildings on the Lake? For shame.

Do you see the man in blue?

Finally! i'm halfway into this post and this is the first thing that looks like a Warhol!

Oh sure, the Campbell's soup can guy - now I remember!

This was done during his most prolific time, but is not known by many - and is the one I got in trouble for taking a photo.

How'd that get in there!?!

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.