December 26, 2008

Quality with a capital 'Q', Part II.

I thought I would show off my new work-home. There's only a few, so you can't get the full impact of the place, but it's a good taste. If you're ever in the area, I can host visitors, depending on the day of the week, time of year, etc.

This is known as the "Hub". Not only is it a bike term, but it also accurately describes this area of the newer 2nd floor office. It has most things one might need during the day. Shown is the coffee, tea, latte bar, which also has our recycling area, small sink, and small fridge. I've already attended an after-hours beverage meeting here, hosted by a vendor. Not shown are some other areas like printer/fax area and some relaxed open meeting areas.


This is taken from the same spot as the first picture, but just to the left a bit. You can see more of the relaxed meeting areas (most of the IKEA couches are actually from SRAM). But, you can also see the use of natural light. It fills much of this (my) 2nd floor office space. It not only makes people feel better (during the loooong winter), but cuts down on lighting/energy costs too.


Finally, I would be remiss if I did not show the biggest and most lucrative part of the place, the warehouse floor. Again, this is taken from my 2nd floor office area, looking right down onto the 35ft tall shelving units. The forklifts are "guided by wire" down these long pathways, to ensure the forklift is striaght and can rise up true enough not to bang into anything (which would be bad).

2 comments:

Jes said...

Looks cool and right up your ecofriendly alley. Good for you!

Victoria said...

how nice and modern!

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.