August 25, 2008

A day at the "office".



Chances are the best day at your office is no match for even a bad day at Wrigley. I jumped at the chance to make my first day of the season at the "Friendly Confines" last week and had to force myself to sit through nine innings of Cubs baseball (the Cubs did lose to the Nationals, badly).

None the less, the sun came out, the fans were geared up, SpongeBob was the give-a-way, and the Old Style was cold (and waaay over priced at $6.25/16oz).


The rain stopped a bit after the 1:05 start time and the crew came out to take off the tarps. Something I'd never seen at a game occurred - one of the grounds crewmen got stuck *inside* the tarp as the 20-30 people ran it over itself to remove the water. Once they inverted it, the guy popped up out from under it, soaked to the bone, and hat in hand. Must have been some ride.


No batted ball has ever hit the centerfield scoreboard at Wrigley.


Ah, Addison and Sheffield - really I was just trying a phone option for pics, but it was kind of gloomy when I took this.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

maybe you are bad luck since they lost....that is hilarious about the guy getting stuck in the tarp...nice pics!

.mk. said...

it's not me, it's the goat.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.