August 22, 2021

Top 10 Pics, Part II

… since I had a really hard time picking only 10, and knowing I’m in charge of my blog, I decided to pick ten more.

Themes I have noticed:

- I’ve only picked one image with a person in it (and even that one is sort of stealth). This was not entirely accidental, as I did think about trying to keep anyone from having feelings hurt. I love you all equally.

- I like sunsets (and sunrises were I awake at that time regularly). Does anyone not like them?

- They’re geographically diverse, which reflects my affinity for travel, and to some degree, my professional career as well. 

Generally, I enjoy taking pictures of places, architecture, & nature the most. Not to imply anything about people, but there’s something about the “grandeur of nature”, let’s say. 

The iconic drinking fountain at Jarling's Custard Cup, Champaign, IL

Gleam Art Festival, Madison, WI

6" Banana Slug somewhere in Northern CA (they named a college mascot after these!)

Sunset at Carmel-by-the-Sea, Carmel, CA

Sunset at Excelsior Commons Beach, Excelsior, MN

I-80 Truck Stop, somewhere in east Iowa

Manai Gastronomia stairwell, Sao Paolo, Brazil (this was a tasty lunch!)

UCI World Cup Track Event, London, UK (this was awesome!)

The Well at Winter, south of Minneapolis, MN

State Capitol building at night, Madison, WI




No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.