January 10, 2010

Results, Poll #61, Wedding Party.

No, not the wedding reception... like standing up in the wedding party. You know, for guys it means day-drinking and wearing a rented tux. For girls it means spending hours upon hours in a dress you hate, holding something that gives you carpal-tunnel (bouquet or train), drinking as much as you're able to sneak out of eye sight of the bride-to-be, and saying nice things about people's looks like you're a seasoned con artist.

So, who can get out of standing up? The t.c readeship said:
> 3 people (50%) chose - 'sure i'll write a comment to describe how' - uhhh, that should be three comments or emails I see here - I got zero. Someone dropped the ball
> 1 person (16%) chose - 'maybe, if you're more creative than me' - well, that's no help! but I guess I gave you the out. Touche!
> 2 people (33%) chose - 'no, there is no hope, have fun at the wedding' - well, aren't you a little Debbie Downer. You're worse than the people what picked the 2nd choice... but perhaps more honest.

In any case, I've heard no good ways of getting out of standing up in a wedding. If someone has a way, I'd still like to hear this genius... as would some other t.c readers.

New polls up!!!

2 comments:

eakoster said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I did drop the ball on not emailing you. So, my friend just tried this two weeks ago and it worked out perfectly!! You tell the person that you would like to keep your friendship on good terms and you feel that it is best if you are not part of the wedding party. You don't feel that you can fully dedicate the time and money needed to make their event sucessful and it is not fair to them if you can't give 100% into the wedding. You do look forward to seeing them on their special day and hope that they fully understand. Make it about you and not about them. I hope this helps!!

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.