December 17, 2007

"In 5 days, every secret will be revealed!"...

This is the trailer copy for National Treasure II. George and I saw the first one on some free passes out in the suburbs around noon on a Saturday morning. We've made fun of the that trailer copy "In order to break the code, one man must break all the rules!" ever since. I still think the 2nd movie will be a good holiday flick, why not?

Family - I'm sure it's holiday crunch time for everyone. Talked to John last week to give him my gift ideas. And also texted with Vic. She finished her first semester at UofI - CONGRATS!!! She knows she already has a couple of "A"s, so that's good. Got through her finals, even one on the last Saturday (I know, Saturday!).

Plus, my custom gift work is all wrapped now and ready to go. I'm not sure all of the sizing will be correct, but I can send in a follow-up order if needed.

Friends - I got a welcome call from Miss Emily Holliday last night. This is a good friend and former SRAMmie. She now lives in Minneapolis with her boyfriend/babydaddy. She is literally 8.75 months pregnant and about to pop. She's frustrated that it hasn't happened yet. I'm sure it won't be long. It was good to catch up with her and I think I'll be visiting when I go up there for a work trip in Feb.

Haven't heard much from others, but Jenny's been coming to MKE for work the last couple weeks. Some client in town. We're thinking she'll be able to stay for dinner one of these nights.

Went to the opening of MKE's first Urban Outfitters this Friday. It's just like every other UO. So, we hit some more local shops and got more drinks after that. Better than sitting at home.

Bike - Sold one out. Kona is disassembled and ready to be boxed. Finding a proper box for them has been a problem. I've gone to two shops already and it will probably involve a third. Once I have the box, it shouldn't be a problem - out before midweek with the Christmas gifts too.

Ran in the snow on Sunday morning... not good footing at all.

A/R - Rearranged the apartment this weekend. This entailed moving the bookshelves (taking most everything off, dusting, then replacing). Switching the couches up, moving the carpet, lighting, etc. Before everything went back down, or in the new spot, I also vacuumed and wet-Swiffered the floors too. This took a good part of the Packers game, but no big deal. I like it better too, so far.

Wiperblade update - I had to zip-tie one of the $15 wiper blades onto the wiper arm. It wouldn't stay on otherwise; some great product for them money. I needed them too... we've now had 22.8" of snow so far this season.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

that is a lot of snow!!! sounds like a nice weekend :)

Jes said...

Come on over and dust my place. Perhaps I will get it finished for Christmas breakfast :)

Unknown said...

I am super curious about what this present will be. Your family must be on pins and needles!!!

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.