December 10, 2007

Political Leanings.

I've never been too political, but some news stories this weekend have gotten alot of airtime. It's got me thinking about our current president and the potential for a future one. I'm of the opinion that anyone who voted for Bush the first time is of questionable intelligence. And it follows, that anyone who voted for Bush a 2nd time has proven that they do indeed lack intelligence. As for this coming race, I don't know who the perfect candidate is yet, but I would like someone that is intelligent & honest, no matter what race, sex, or religion they may be.

Now, onto the entry -

Family - Mom has had her BDay and I've heard it included a brunch at the Greenwood Snack Shop. This is a local "greasy spoon", but in the best sense of the word. In fact, I loved the few times we went there as kids, but haven't been back in ages. It's the kinda place where the kids got to sit at the counter and watch the food get cooked, while mom and dad hung back and sat in some quiet. I'll have to sneak over during the holidays, if I get the chance.

Friends - Not too much going on 'round these parts. Haven't caught up with anyone in a week or more, but hopefully it's the calm before the storm of the holidays. I should be able to see most folks before heading back up to the great white north. Oh, and I have really small, yet powerful, gifts for everyone. If I don't see you, you ain't getting it.

I did get out for a fun night last Wednesday. A friend of a friend that lives nearby invited me out to a cheap burger night. Chicago has the same thing at many local watering holes, and this one was also a a "college" bar. So, for $1.75, not including the cheese or bacon, you can grab a burger. The bar also has $1-$1.25 beer specials for most of the night. It was a fun time with 3 guys and 2 girls. I think I got home at midnight, on a Wednesday... this doesn't happen alot anymore.

Bike - Finding some bike boxes and hoping I get the last of the parts. No riding is happening with all the snow now (least for me), but I have begun running again. It's a quick 25-30 minutes, but outside with temps of 10-25 degrees, it's pretty interesting. This will get me through the winter too, no problemo.

A/R - Floss. That's the word from the new dentist and, as we all know, has been the word in oral hygiene for as long as I can remember. I've recently been "caught" at the dentist and started doing it for real. Twice a day and it's paying off already. Once you get into a routine with it, it's not so bad anyways. I'd recommend the regular ole floss string.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

flossing is fun...i do it when i remember haha

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.