May 31, 2021

Memorial Day 2021, Glenview, IL



I'm not saying my hometown is the best hometown in the US of A, but on this day of remembering I wanted highlight something pretty unique I found in the city of Glenview, Illinois. I will say, I've not seen this anywhere else in the US (and I’ve lived in four states), but let me know if you have.

Here a war memorial in downtown Glenview. But they also have this unique addition just around the corner from this… keep scrolling… 


…well, it looks pretty patriotic from the outset, what could it be?!?!?


…  An American flag recycling drop box!!! How cool is this?!


I don’t think I’d ever given this idea much thought, that of providing a safe place to dispose of old flags (you know the disposal requirements are pretty intense, right?). This seems like a great way to help Joe Bagadounts get rid of worn out flags without having to get your own grill in the backyard set-up as a flag-burning receptacle. 

Nice job, Glenview.


No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.