September 27, 2020

Madeline Island Pt. III - The Sun, La Pointe, WI

I will admit, the Sun isn't normally deserving of its own blog post, but on Madeline Island... I don't know what it is, it's just spectacular. Part of the fun is that the part of the island I have stayed on is facing west each evening, so the sunsets are pretty legit. 

So that's it... some shots from the trip, mostly involving the awesome sunlit views...

Part of it is that within moments, you can watch a full sunset and see how the light, cluds and water all change during it. it really is worth just sitting and watching. I found myself going back outside to get pictures every 10 minutes or so. (It had gotten a bit chilly in the early Sept air). The images below are from a couple nights of sunsets. The second set wasn't eeven going to happen until the clouds broke and the sun was low enough to peek through.

Sunset 1 - I swear these are in sequence...




Sunset 2 - 




This last one is simply a sun shot from about 9am, on a different spot on the island. Oh, the island is not very big and you can drive, ride, or moped around really quickly, seeing all kinds of views and sights at almost every turn.

I think another important part of this "sun worship" is that it's a place that really allows me/us to relax. To sit back, think of less, do less, and unwind. If you simply watch the sunrises and sunsets, maybe that's a great day. I think it's golden.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.