September 13, 2020

Madeline Island Pt. I - Ferry Me, La Pointe, WI

It only took about 5 years, but I finally got back to The Mad Isle! It's the largest island in the Apostle Island chain, and the only one not now owened by the US Government (there were too many private residences on it to afford the buy-back when they converted the island chain to a federal area).

For me, some of the most fun of this trip is getting to this island, because... it's by ferry! It was great to pull up and get across within a very reasonable amount of time. I left the car on the island for my stay and simply walked back to the very for a day-trip back in Bayfield.

See how the get across part works here...

This is not my set-up, but they take all manner of vehicles, big & small...




They don't usually waste space on these ferry trips, so it fills up!


More to come from the Island - including a peek at the boat tour I took part in, plus a real wacky night spot.


No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.