July 25, 2019

Manai Gastronomia, São Paulo, Brasil


A recent work trip to Brasil provided me with a unique look into this country, its people, and most importantly, its food!

How do you feed 20 million people at lunchtime? Buffets. It took until my 3rd day of eating from a buffet at lunch to ask why this seems like the de facto method of eating lunch for Brasil's office workers. And it was explained simply enough - this is the only way everyone can eat good food in the time allotted for lunch. Restaurants would simply not have the time to take individual orders and make each person's meal choice if it was run like a traditional restaurant. Makes sense to me and my stomach!

Below is a look at one of the buffets we visited twice during the week. It's one of the best according to my taste buds and has been voted so by an online poll in years past.

The space is inviting, with an awesome, sunlit 2nd floor seating area, but you have to go up one of the nicest staircases I've ever seen to get there...





And the food...








Everything I ate at all the lunch buffets was good food, tasty, and much of it at a very reasonable price.  You could also go back for a little more Reais and get some dessert - uhh, yes please!

Sorvetes...


And those little torts and cakes, so good.



No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.