July 18, 2019

Village Tavern, Long Grove, IL


What do you get when you put hungry people in a tavern from 1847? Fed. And boy did we try it all at this quaint, but not small, joint in Long Grove, IL. They seem to have been here forever, even before Miller Beer was invented. They have lots of old-timey decor and history. Plus, good food.








I was not feeling hungry enough for a meal after a bunch of apps at the brewery nearby, so I thought I would go "light" with a simple sundae. Local ice cream, real whipped cream, it was pretty boss. And, well, it was a monster. I wound up getting about halfway in and giving up. No worries, the table finished it.


I would recommend Long Grove at almost any time of the year, and this place is on the list of places to go back to, hands down.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.