November 15, 2018

Brenda's French Soul Food, San Francisco, CA


I don't get up to San Fran too often, but when I do, I like to make sure it's worth my while, and whoever else joins. Cubs-Giants game? Let's do it right! Dinner before a show, let's make it a great meal!

Brenda's is definitely a great meal, very competent & authentic food, solid drinks, an inviting space, good service, low prices for SF, and only one small knock, which you can read at the end.

In my mind, they use a fancy name to denote creole or Cajun cooking. No matter what they term it, I can get behind flavorful dishes with some heat.




Beignet Flight - so good.

Gumbo, I believe. I know for sure it tasted great.

Shrimp Po-Boy!!!

Shrimp n Grits!!!

A money-shot of the chocolate-filled beignet...

If you feel like walking through an iffy 'hood, around homeless people, drugs, garbage & needles, definitely make it out to Brenda's. I didn't think it was that big of a deal to get there (to me), but it's not exactly a scenic neighborhood either. Know that going in and you should be fine.

And perhaps this kind of neighborhood is now commonplace for people that live in SF all the time.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.