January 11, 2015

6Smith, Wayzata, MN

Though there was a slight hesitation on this place based on some Google reviews I saw while making the Open Table reservation, I went in to this re-done space in Wayzata with nothing but the best of hopes. I had wrangled in two couples to go with me, and we were all looking forward to a fun night.


In short, 6Smith did not disappoint. We enjoyed every dish that came out to us. We were very pleased with their service. The space is well-appointed and comfortable (but perhaps a bit cold, in both temperature and chosen materials). The prices seem commensurate with other restaurants like it, but it's not a cheap night. Then again, I would suggest saving this place for something special or when you deserve a treat.

I liked their unique light fixtures
I really liked the hanger steak that I ordered though... they had grilled grapes and onions on top. Both were a bit excessive, but easy to push to the side in order to get into the meat of the matter, so to speak. Oh, those oven-roasted Brussels sprouts in the skillet behind the plate were also very good, with a great Fresno chili sliced on top.
Dessert was a diminutive ice cream-eclair sundae, made with Izzy's ice creams. It was delicious and I could have eaten a normal-sized eclair version, for the same $9 
Their menu had so many great, unique and tasty items on it (that we all tried) that I will have to come back to 6Smith to try more. They also serve lunch and brunch, so there's almost no reason not to try this lakeside spot.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

i want to eat that dessert right now!!

Paulina said...

6Smith looks great! I was hoping to ask you a couple questions via email, would you mind letting me know how to reach you? Thank you!

.mk. said...

You could leave your info here, unless you have another idea.

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.