February 4, 2009

Spyhouse.




I know what you're thinking, and I wish this was a post about a house where current and former spies hang out, but it's not. The Spyhouse is a small chain of coffee shops here in Minneapolis. There's one not far from my house and I appreciate it for it's unique coffee shop look, clean standards, good staff, and generally upbeat clientele. And who knows, maybe they get their name from a spy background or from an owner that's a former CIA or KGB operative. That'd be funner.


They have a nice front counter area, with labeled condiments and accoutrement.


And a nice rear :), with some larger gathering space, etc. See the classy tin ceiling!? (oh, and bathrooms too - phew!)


Plus, baked goods! I believe this double chocolate cake and hot chocolate soy were part of my NYE celebration. Not too shabby... well, maybe a little shabby for NYE.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

i want some coffee from there )and that chocolate cake)! :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Double chocolate cake and cocoa. That's heaven.

eakoster said...

boo, i was thinking a safe house kinda thing at first. looks nice though

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.