December 19, 2019

St. Burch Tavern, Iowa City, IA - Part II, Dinner

As I was heading back to Omaha recently, I decided to break up the drive by stopping in Iowa City for the night. And high on my list of dinner spots was going back to St. Burch to try something of the evening menu. Am I glad I did...

... beer after driving?! Yes, please.

Coming out of Cedar Rapids, IA - the Lion bridge Work Comp was very very good. Starting off strong, St. B!


Then onto the main menu... Me hungy! PS - who doesn't love the font and vibe of this menu!?

As it was rainy, windy and cold out, I wanted something filling, healthy-ish, and eaten with a fork & knife (aka, fancy). What would you have gotten?...


I also had my eye on a dessert...

I went with the Salmon & a side salad - it was all very good. Can't find a fault in anything.


And how could I say no to a banana split?! It was only $1 more than the other dessert items, so I "splurged". Like the main, this was very good as well. It wasn't three-feet of split either, just a simple banana and a couple scoops of ice cream. Dare I say "dainty"?

As I've said before, if you're inthe area, stop at this place, it's that good. I haven't even tried their fresh seafood on offer, like mussels, clams, crab, etc. They even do the ole "seafood tower". Fun.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.