December 7, 2014

Cecils Delicatessen, Bakery & Restaurant, St. Paul, MN

This is my worst restaurant post ever, but I have what I feel is a valid excuse. The food, smells, people, and sights were so memorizing that I didn't have enough concentration to take more photos. Do us both a favor and visit for yourself.

I'd recommend that you go early to beat the weekend dinner crowd, as we did...and order off the hot sandwiches side of the menu, also like we did...get a phosphate or egg cream (if you don't know what that is, we may have to stop being friends), yep, we did this too...and finally, spend time in the deli/bakery and take some fresh goods home.

Note: I did not get the chance to find out why they leave the apostrophe off their menus/name, but it's hard to care with a mouth full of lean corned beef & brown mustard on fresh baked rye.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.