March 8, 2014

Shamrocks/The Nook, St. Paul, MN

This post could also run with either of these two subtitles:
- OH MY GOD THIS IS SO FRIGGIN' GOOD!!!
or
- FINALLY. WHY DID THIS TAKE SO LONG?!?!

After an epic fail to have my first juicy Lucy burger at St. Paul's Blue Door Pub (100% their fault), just last night I was able to have a no-chance-of-fail attempt at Shamrocks Pub, which is owned by and serves the menu from The Nook. 


I can confidently say that this burger, their Juicy Nookie, was well worth the wait, even after five years. The only regret is not having gone here sooner. That's my own fault. 


I had an expert Lucy eater with me and he steered me in the right direction for ordering, side choice (get the sweet potato fries - like crack!), and even eating technique. 

In spite of the advice, the Juicy Lucy got all over the bun, plate and my hands. But, I did avoid scalding my mouth with liquid hot magma cheese. 


It tastes even better than it looks. If I'd ordered two at once, I would have gladly eaten both in one sitting. 



It truly is friggin' awesome. If you never had one, go now. If you've already had one, go get another...it's been a long winter. 

Note: Shamrocks was a cool, broken in Irish pub. A definite contender for any St. Pat's Day shenanigans you might be getting into. 

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.