July 12, 2009

"What do we have for him, Johnny?!!!!!"....

.... "A new CAR !!!!"

Ok, the FaceBook experiment (at least for me) is over. Too many people making it seem rather impersonal. I mean, not everyone I've ever met needs to know I had a mole removed, right? Just my closest family and friends want to know that. So, this is my pledge to resurrect tc.

With that in mind, it's time to let everyone know (if you previously knew what I drove) that I no longer have my blue truck (for one small young man, he will no longer be able to call me, "Blue Truck Marty"). I have finally been able to work out the financing-ish and get something more fuel-efficient (not too hard), at a better monthly payment (phew), and at a lower interest rate (from 8% to 0%, thank you economy).

The winning car is the Chevy Aveo. I know what you're thinking, "that's lame". Well, in a way it is, but in a way it reminds me of all the small, fuel-efficient cars I've loved in the past. I pretty much learned to drive in a Dodge Omni (ok, really on the family lawn tractor). Then there was the uncle's rusty ole Toyota Corolla (lots of practice push starting with a manual transmission), and even a bit of time spent driving one of my favorite cars of all time, the Ford Festiva (no joke).

I do loose the four-wheel drive and a truck bed, but I gained three more doors, lower fuel costs and 34MPG higway... that will help me forget the, er, what was I driving before?


[this is a pic off the web, I didn't buy it in England]

2 comments:

Jes said...

Cool looking car! I love too that you are back to the blog. I've missed ya. i too need to catch up on mine.

eakoster said...

Nice work MK! But I thought you getting a Mini?!

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.