October 14, 2007

First visitor!!!

SO, the big news of the week is in the 'Friends' section, but don't just skip ahead.

Family - I'm sitting in "the boy's room", or what we know as such. It's the room I spent the most time in at my parent's house growing up. I'm at home to visit and have dinner with fam. This wasn't supposed to be much of anything, and I only talked to my folks on Saturday (it's Sunday as I write), but now it's a full-fledged family dinner, including the Boyles. Should be fun.

Friends -George is the first visitor to my new hometown! He wins. I don't know what the prize is, but he'd get it. He came up Friday afternoon (I left work a bit early) and brought his new squeeze, Marissa (sp?). They stayed downtown, but getting around the Mill is no trouble. We took it country on Friday with a trip to a haunted maze, then Saturday included brunch, a museum trip, custard stop, and finished it off with a comedy club (pretty funny too). We parted this morning after another brunch. I can only hope he had a good time and will tell others.

Actually, here's a quote direct from George (his full "Comment" is at the end of this post) :
"Final verdict: if you reading this, you should plan to visit Marty asap."

Work - 'Member that old song - "It's gettin', it's gettin', it's gettin' kind of hectic..." Well, work is like that all the time. I'm glad to be getting exposed to so many new issues and customers, but I know that we all have alot to keep us busy in the months ahead. I'm not afraid at all by the work, and look forward to the final outcome... somewhere down the road.

Bike/Run - The biggest bike news is that I've begun running for the winter. The weather is beginning to turn colder, which is good, but the biking gets less and less attractive. About 4-5 weeks ago, I began running/walking out my front door, on the lakefront paths that abound in Milwaukee. It's been going well and I've been able to avoid the usual week's worth of soreness I used to have with each run. I attribute this to more walking and less running at the beginning, which besides being easier makes the next run more likely.

A/R - I almost always fold-up waste paper/wrappers. But, an example - when I get a piece of gum, I take the paper, fold it in thirds, then again on itself, and so on. It turns into something that looks like a little, hand-rolled, cigarette. I do something of the sort for almost all waste paper and wrappers, including; those little paper utensil rings from table service in diner-like retaurants, gum, receipts, printed sheets from the office, plastic bags from the grocery, etc. I do sometimes just ball something up and toss it, but not often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winner, eh? I seem to recall trying to visit during my last trip to Chicago, but someone was in Germany or something. Sounds like a scam to me...

-TD

Anonymous said...

I win! I had a great time in Milwaukee this weekend, but I'm tired out today. I'm trying to avoid coming to the realization that I'm a lazy bastard, but every time I have a weekend that doesn't include at least one day of sitting around doing laundry, I'm tired on Monday.

There's a bunch of restaurants near Marty's crib that look/were good. Milwaukee may be a small city, but it's got plenty to make it a fun weekend. We did fish fry, brunches, custard, a massive hot dog.... I had dinner on Saturday at this French Bistro I've been to before called Coquette Cafe-- highly recommended.

Haunted corn maze, art museum, stand up comedy, a drive down by the lakefront... the whole weekend was action-packed and a bunch of fun. If you have a car, getting around Milwaukee is about a ten-minute proposition where ever you're going. Final verdict: if you reading this, you should plan to visit Marty asap.

--George

Victoria said...

your A/R sections always crack me up...see you sunday! and it was nice seeing ya last night :)

Unknown said...

i am laughing hysterically at a.r.! i will never ever forget you pulling my packing tape off my desk and then proceed to pick the lint off your pants. then looked at me and said "yes, i know. i'm anal."

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.