December 23, 2023

Quick Chocolate Truffles (2023), Chicago, IL

Long story short, I found my cupboard contained this can…

And why not make lemonade out of lemons, so to speak? Plus, they had this recipe on the back of the very same can…

I’m game!!!

Getting the ingredients commenced - vanilla extract, semi-sweet chocolate chips, chocolate “jimmies”, and some foil wrappers to boot. Done!

Then mixing, melting, chilling, balling and wrapping - phew! This is not a no-time or no-effort thing, like all the holiday cookies, but it’s sort of meditative. 







It made about 36 large balls. Enough to have a few for myself, send some to coworkers, and bring the rest to family events over the holidays. 

So far, reviews have been positive. Especially the ones from my own mouth. Tasty stuff. Could try maybe adding some cayenne pepper or peppermint the next time. I could also see it getting really out of hand with multiple batches and flavor variants over like the entire month of December… like people do with cookies. Mmm, maybe I’ll just keep it “quick”. 






No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.