September 26, 2019

St. Burch Tavern, Iowa City, IA - Part I, Lunch

Stopping for lunch in Iowa City was on my list as I made my way across the western US, back to the Midwest.

I saw this place from the short drive into their downtown and made a mental note to check it out for lunch. Sure enough, it easily passed the visual test as I walked in, even the patio was busy and airy.

I was seated on my own and picked through their lunch menu quickly - Whole Grilled Cheese and a Green Goddess side salad please... with an on-tap peach-basil kombucha on the side. Perfect!





This is easily now in my rotation during travel through Iowa. What a great little spot - I'd even hope to be their for dinner in the near future. They seemed to take everything serious and were even showing a oyster bar inside. I can't wait.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.