June 27, 2019

New-to-Me Breweries, Monterey & Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA

I hosted some visitors in the last month or so, and, for me, one of the best parts of the trip was that they brought me to new places. Usually I'm the one bringing folks to all new spots on their trips here, but this time, friends knew what they liked and sought out those kinds of places before arriving. We all got to try some new places together, which was an awesome way to host and travel.

One of the types of places we all happen to like is a good brewery or some type of beer establishment. They found a number of them I hadn't yet been to, and we tried two of them: Fieldwork Brewing (Monterey location) and Yeast of Eden (Carmel-by-the-Sea). Both are different and both are delightful. 

Fieldwork is a CA chain of tasting patios/rooms. The afternoon we went it was sunny and warm out, so their patio was hopping (get it?!). We enjoyed all of the beers to some degree, and not being one for IPAs, I tried four "normal" beers. My favorites were Vanillaberry (technically a sour, but this was very drinkable) and their stout, which is named Admiral Snackbar. I'll totally be back to this place anytime I'm in Monterey.



Yeast of Eden is a natural fermenting brewery. They have some of their own beers on offer as well as other brewers available. Great location, restaurant, and beers. I tried four, liked three. One just didn't taste right to me, and the waitress commented that it is a bit hit-or-miss among patrons. I would also easily go back to this place when in town. I'd also very much like to eat a full meal there too as everything we saw go by looked tasty.



No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.