August 16, 2018

FeiYue Shoes, Morgan Hill, CA (by way of China)

I don't know why it's taken me so long, but I'm going to post about one of my favorite topics on the planet - shoes. Kicks. Sneakers. (Who has some other words?!)

While in China, I noticed a co-worker in the office wearing a brand I'd never heard of, FeiYue. I mean, granted, I did realize I was in China. It was a very simple shoe that reminded me of Ked's or Converse here in the US. I did some more research when I got back to the States, with some help of that co-worker, and landed me-self a pair of my very own. They cost me a whole $18 on eBay. I also deduced their sizing and went with my Euro size, so I believe fit will not be an issue.

They arrived from China via China Post (wild, right?). I can not get over their wrapping/packaging. What you see below arrived in two normal, Mylar-ish shipping "bags", one containing the shoes, and then that stuff into one final outer bag. So, after peeling through these two bags, this is what I found...




Can we talk about the retro-feel for a minute? Or the Pinocchio character!?!? I mean, Gepetto was a cobbler, no?

It was as if a shoe burrito was just delivered to my home... shoes wrapped in a paper sack.

Who needs tape? Just wrap the shoes in their own shoelaces - done!

Yes, they're not for everyone in terms of style, but they always remind me of the trip, and now this packaging.

No idea what this says. I'm guessing it's like a thank-you note.

No comments:

transplanted.chicagoan

powered by .mk.